This great quote is from my dear friend, Cindy Brokaw (hairstylist extraordinaire who works her magic at the Shear Pleasure Salon in Montecito). I love Cindy’s statement because it really shows how our inner beauty and outward appearance should be aligned.
Last night, we co-hosted a really fun event — it was a Style Party and Clothes Swap. This eco-friendly event allowed women to bring things they didn’t love anymore and trade them for new things. But we also focused on helping people get clear about their sense of style — which we project through our clothes, hair, makeup, and character.
Here is the handout I gave to the group.
Your style is an outer reflection of your inner character. Take a moment to discover your inner beauty so that you can create a style that matches who you really are.
- Thinking about your character, what would your best friends say are your best qualities?
- What would your family and/or coworkers say?
- What do you love best about yourself?
- Thinking of your body, what do you think are your best features?
- What features do you get the most compliments on?
- What colors makes you happy or look best on you?
- If you could describe your personal style in 1 sentence, what is it
or what would you like it be?
Once you are clear about who you are, it is much easier to create looks that enhance your image. How can you help others see more of who you really are? Be yourself, deliberately.