I’m Dr. Britt Andreatta, the Founder of Soul School. I am an organizational consultant, author, speaker, and executive coach. And I am also a spiritual being having a human experience. I started Soul School back in 2010 as a place to share my thoughts and experiences for living a happy life. I draw upon neuroscience, spiritual teachings, mindfulness, and most importantly the experiences of myself and the thousands of people I have coached over the past 20 years.
My current project, “Souls@Work” is about how we can bring our highest selves to work and in the process, transform the world one workplace at a time. I also help leaders make their organizations more mindful, purpose-driven and successful. Learn more about those efforts at www.BrittAndreatta.com.
Soul School is where you will find all kinds of tools and support to help you grow into the fullest expression of yourself. Consider it continuing education for your soul, with little lessons for a happy life! Whether you are looking for your soulmate, or wanting to step into the perfect career, or healing something from your past, or engaging in another important transformation, you will find something to move you forward. Since each person is different, Soul School will provide you with a variety of options to suit your needs, ranging from the light and funny to the deep and profound.
You will want to check out The Wheel of Wholeness — nine areas that represent a holistic approach to your health and happiness. I recommend starting with section on “self”, since you are at the center of your life. From there, go in any order that speaks to you. Each section, will include workshops, recorded video lessons, and recommendations.
Also, check out the Soul Toolbox where you will find information on a variety of tools that will support your personal growth and development in all areas of your life.
Before you get started, be sure to read my suggestions below for getting the most out of Soul School.
Soul School was created by me, Britt Andreatta. I am a certified life coach and professional educator. I look forward to serving you on your journey. I have spent my life helping people become their best selves. I have worked with thousands of people over the years and have collected a range of tips, tools and strategies that I am sharing with you because they work!
These include my workshops and personal recommendations, all organized around the Wheel of Wholeness and the Soul Toolbox. I have a Master’s degree in Communication, a Doctorate in Education, Leadership and Organizations and have been designing transformative educational experiences for over 20 years.
My philosophy is that we were all born as perfect beings and that our lives are unfolding for our soul’s highest and best good. However, life presents us with experiences, challenges, and even tragedies, that shape us in profound ways. Over time, we can get stuck in patterns that once served us, but may now hold us back from the life we want to live.
To move forward, we must powerfully transform some aspect of our beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors. Life is a school for our souls — with little lessons every day. It’s Soul School!
I know that in my own journey, I have needed help and support from time to time, and reaching out for it has made all the difference. Based on my own experiences and those whom I have coached over the years, I have created a series of materials designed to help you in whatever area of your life you would like to transform.
Soul School is where I have collected in one location all my favorite tips and strategies for success. I have personally tried everything I recommend because I am also on a journey of growth and transformation. I have powerfully transformed many parts of my life and am currently working on others because…sigh…we are never done growing.
Throughout this site, I will share stories from my own journey as well as stories from people with whom I have worked (permission has been granted) because none of us is alone in what we are going through. And sharing the journey not only makes it more fun but also benefits each of us because we can experience each other’s “aha moments.”
I look forward to supporting you as you make every part of your life what you want it to be!
About Soul School
So why is the logo for this site an owl? Well, the first reason is that owls are the symbol of wisdom and that is something we are all hungering for. We have plenty of knowledge and information in our society – in fact we are drowning in it – but we are starving for wisdom. But here is the irony of it – our souls are positively brimming with wisdom! Seriously. Our souls possess more wisdom than we can even fathom, but the problem is that we cannot always hear it.
And that is the second reason for the owl logo. Did you know that owls are able to fly in complete silence? That’s the trick to them nabbing all those tasty snacks all night long – they have special feathers that allow them to fly without making a sound, even to those tiny rodent ears that have far better hearing than we do. And wisdom is like that – it’s there but sometimes we cannot hear it. We are continually surrounded by our soul wisdom swooping by but unless we can tune in to it, it’s not much use to us.
Hence, the point of this site. To help you hear the soul wisdom that is already within you. I am confident that it is there – in my many years as a professional life coach and teacher, I have never (never, I tell you) found a person that didn’t have all their answers already. But most people (in my experience, it’s more than 90%) have challenges getting to that wisdom. I think we are designed this way as humans – otherwise life would be way easier, but not very exciting. It is this journey of finding and listening to our inner wisdom that I believe is the point of this human gig.
My favorite owls are Barn Owls and my favorite images of them come from Jeannine Chappell.
(or suggestions for making the best use of this site):
- Trust yourself. While my goal is to provide guidance and support, you know yourself better than anyone else. Pay attention to your thoughts and feelings and let those guide you. If one of the workshops or tools is not your thing, trust it and move on to another.
- Stretch yourself. One caveat to rule #1 is that we all have our comfort zones and when we move out of them, our first reaction is to get back into them. But true transformation lives on the other side of discomfort so be willing to cuddle up with discomfort a bit. If a tool or workshop is not resonating for you, check inside and see if it is discomfort that maybe you should hang with a bit versus a true, clear sense that it’s not a match for you. You’ll know.
- Check your “shoulds” at the door. Let your intuition guide you when choosing things on this site. Only work on career/calling if that is what speaks to you, not because your family is pressuring you about it. Our intuition is actually our soul talking to us so be open to that guidance. If you get a hit to do something, do it.
- Use the “Power of 3”. Our souls are powerful things and they are constantly trying to help us. But sometimes it is can be hard to hear that guidance over the noise of life, jobs, media, kids, bills, etc. This is when the Power of 3 is very helpful and it’s something I use all the time. When something shows up in my life more than once, I pay attention, and when it shows up a third time, I know I must take action. It can be simple things like having a thought to call a certain friend or hearing about a book from two different people. You may even get a clue from the universe – like you are driving and keep seeing billboards or hearing radio songs that are tied to something you are working on. By the time it comes up the third time, you can bet that something is really important and you should act on it. Be open – the whole universe is conspiring to help you succeed and the Power of 3 is one of its biggest tools.
- Know that you are not broken. I honestly believe that none of us are broken. We may have experienced some crappy things in our lifetime or have patterns that get in the way of our fullest potential, but underneath it all, you are a perfect and bright Spirit.
- Trust that your life is unfolding perfectly. Whoa! That’s a big statement so let me explain. I truly believe that our lives unfold perfectly for our highest and best good – and I have witnessed this over and over again, both in myself and the people I have worked with over the years. That’s not to say that everything is a party – in fact, it’s often the opposite. But our souls absolutely know what we need to experience to grow and transform into our best selves. Sometimes that is dating a jerk over and over again until we learn to demand respect. Sometimes it means that we experience a painful or traumatic event so that we can be “broken open” and have a significant shift in our beliefs, values or actions. This has certainly been true for me. When I look back on my life, I can see the profound blessings I have received that helped me become who I am today – and I went kicking and screaming into every single one of them. On the front side, they all looked like crap – upsetting events, poor treatment by someone, horrible health challenges. Yet, on the back side, all of them are blessings for which I am profoundly grateful. I have consistently seen this in others and I am confident the same is true for you as well. So be open and trust that everything is OK.
Before You Start
I recommend getting yourself the following items before you proceed:
- Something to journal or write in (can be fancy or plain, digital or hardcopy, anything that works for you)
- Access to the internet and a printer
- A folder or notebook in which to keep everything
- Access to a bookstore (the following are all great choices)
- A great cup of coffee or tea from Cafe Britt (no relation but I can’t help but love it!)
Ready to get started?
Great! So am I. Visit The Wheel tab first and poke around. My recommendation is to start with the “self” theme since YOU are at the center of your life.