Spirituality is not to be confused with religion. You may or may not have a relationship with religion but all humans have a relationship with spirituality because your spirit, or soul, is that truest part of your essence that guides you. This whole site is about tapping in to that inner guide and listening to the amazing wisdom already available to you. Each of us is on a spiritual journey because we are all learning how to both hear and heed that inner guide. Some of us (not me) were born with a deep connection to our inner spirit and find it easy to connect and listen. Others of us find it difficult and we continually have to re-engage in or re-commit to the process of connecting with our spirits.
This section will explore the many facets of spirituality and ways to strengthen your connection to your inner wisdom. Over the next few months, I will be adding more content to this area. I will be leading an in-person workshop and then producing video lessons and a workbook that you will be able to download here. I have already placed some information in the Intention & Prayer section of the Wellness Toolbox. In the meantime, check out the recommendations below to get you started on your own exploration.
- Everyday Grace: Having Hope, Finding Forgiveness, and Making Miracles by Marianne Williamson
- Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott
- Dance of the Dissident Daughter: A Woman’s Journey from Christian Tradition to the Sacred Feminine by Sue Monk Kidd
- Spiritual Partnership: The Journey to Authentic Power by Gary Zukav
- The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness by Gary Zukav
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown